When you need precise, high speed, and pre-assembled linear motion without the time-consuming process of designing your own linear motor stages, you need automation products that make automation easy. This saves you time, money and a lot of headaches.
Yaskawa Sigma Trac II series is a line of linear motor stages that will keep your engineering team from having to dive into all of the design and deployment details of a linear motor component system (motor/bearing selection and sourcing, assembly and test details, etc.). These expertly designed, manufactured, and tested mechatronic solutions are readily available and allow your engineering team more time to concentrate on other specific details that make your machines best in class.
Sigma Trac II: The Complete Linear Motion Solution
When you use the Sigma Trac II, all you need to do is provide a flat mounting surface and bolt on your payload. Each component in Sigma Trac II is fully assembled and tested and designed to make things easier for your team. These components include:
- Coil and magnets
- Programming without main power through embedded USB port
- Cable management
- (Optional) Bellows
- (Optional) X-Y mounting
Sigma Trac II Improves Machine Performance
Sigma Trac II minimizes cycle times and maximizes productivity with speeds up to 5m/s, and peak force output up to 540 N.
Its primary benefits include:
- Repeatability: coupling the load directly to the motor and encoder yields positioning repeatability of ±2µm.
- Zero Maintenance: integrated bearing lubrication technology for long-term maintenance-free operation.
- Reliability: eliminated gears, belts, and screws, resulting in a 10 million double-stroke design life.
- Absolute Encoder Feedback: absolute encoder feedback simplifies wiring and requires no homing routines, even after removing power from the equipment.
- Wide Range of Sizes: with 3 motor sizes and 13 base lengths, there is a linear stage solution for nearly any application. All are available for use with 200V or 400V power.
- Cable Management: carefully controlling cable flex maximizes cable life. Use additional space in the cable carrier for cables and hoses to your payload.
- Bellows: optional bellows protect magnets and encoder scale from dust and loose debris.
- Balanced Thrust: yaw accuracy is optimized by centering the coil, balancing the thrust equally between the bearings.
- X-Y Mounting Kit: an available X-Y mounting kit simplifies design and installation of 2-axis Cartesian systems for pick and place, machining, and additive manufacturing operations.
Implement the Sigma Trac II to Your Application Today
Yaskawa is the leading global manufacturer of low and medium voltage variable frequency drives, servo systems, machine controllers and industrial robots. Their products have a high reputation for outstanding quality and reliability. AMMC is proud to be North America’s largest Yaskawa Motion distributor, and we’d be happy to size or quote a system that fits your automation needs. Get in touch with our team today to start talking about an automation solution that is right for your needs.