The Inside Sales Support Representative is a vital part of the sales team, leveraging and supporting the outside sales staff through timely and accurate contact with customers and suppliers.
INSIDE SALES SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
The Sales / Inside Sales Support Representative is a vital part of the sales team, leveraging and supporting the outside sales staff through timely and accurate contact with customers and suppliers.
The Primary Objectives are to understand and anticipate the needs of the sales team, be familiar with current business and business opportunities, have great rapport with both customers and suppliers, and communicate news and needs to others, as necessary, to provide timely response to requests and resolution of issues.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Talking to sales engineer multiple times a day to coordinate activities
- Answering customer telephone calls and servicing or coordinating responses
- Understanding customer’s needs and requirements
- Providing delivery information, and expediting deliveries
- Issuing customer quotes
- Researching product availability
- Troubleshooting problems
- Taking orders from customers
- Entering orders with manufacturers
- Managing customer expectations
- Resolving complaints
- Providing product information
- Resolving billing/accounting inconsistencies or disputes
- Answering telephones and takes messages or transfers calls
- Providing information to customers via telephone or the internet
- Operating office machines, i.e., computer, calculating and duplicating machines
- Greeting and assisting visitors
- Occasionally packing and shipping product to customers from stock
- Tracking demo inventory
- Making collections calls to overdue customers
- Attention to detail
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Good mechanical and / or electrical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Happy and congenial disposition
- Flexibility as to job responsibilities so as to cooperate and get things done in a small office environment
- Knowledge and experience in general accounting processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks (preferred), and Microsoft Office for Windows business systems (mandatory)
- Rapid and accurate typing
- Punctually present in our Park Hills, KY office during normal business hours, 8:30AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English language, including technical subjects pertinent to our business
- Prior sales and / or marketing background or experience
- Familiarity with machine control systems and components
- Working knowledge of the company’s product lines and suppliers
- Proficiency in 2D and / or 3D CAD
While preforming the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and to hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will occasionally be required to lift boxes of various weights up to approximately 70 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Required Educational Background:
Two-year technical degree or prior experience in our field
Desirable Educational Background:
- Information Technology
- Engineering / Engineering Technology
Clean, relatively quiet, small office environment located in suburban Park Hills, KY with free parking in an adjacent lot. Close association with a small staff office mates. Non-Smoking Office. Strict no tobacco policy as requirement of employment.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.